Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem. And
in that day I will make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all peoples. All who lift it shall be slashed, and all the nations of the earth will be gathered against it. – Zechariah 12:2-3
I am sure that all of our readers and prayer partners are aware of the momentous decision taken by US President Trump to recognise Jerusalem as Israel’s capital city. In doing so President Trump showed enormous courage to follow US law and the will of the majority of the Senate and the American people, and he is the first US president to keep the election promise to move the US embassy back to Jerusalem. As expected, 99% of the Arab world, the majority of world leaders, the secular news media, and even left wing Jews have condemned President Trump for taking this step.
Just in case some of our readers are not 100% sure that President Trump was absolutely right to officially recognise Jerusalem as Israel’s capital, here are the undisputed facts ….
1) Jerusalem has been the capital city of the Jewish people since the time of King David – more than 3000 years.
2) Jerusalem has never been the capital city of any other nation or people.
3) Since Israel was resurrected in 1948, the seat of government, the prime minister’s office, the presidents office and all government ministries have been located in Jerusalem.
4) Most countries embassies were located in Jerusalem until they bowed down to Arab pressure in 1980, and moved their embassies to Tel Aviv.
5) Refusing to accept Jerusalem as Israel’s capital, only serves to give false hope of victory to the Arabs and makes any chance of true, lasting peace impossible.
Perhaps the most relevant fact is that the Creator of the Universe and all that exists, repeatedly declares in His Word – the Bible, that He has chosen Jerusalem to be the capital city of Israel, and the capital of His Kingdom on the Earth. The Bible is also very clear that the Son of God will soon return to Jerusalem to rule the world seated on the throne of David in the rebuilt Temple.
Violence has already broken out in and around Jerusalem and in a small number of other places in the Middle East. American and Jewish centres around the World are also in danger of being attacked by radical Muslim terror organisations. Hamas and Hebollah are publically calling for violence against Israel, and the peace process has almost no prospect of being revived. So was President Trump right to recognise Jerusalem now, and is the risk of chaos and violence worth it? ABSOLUTELY YES!!! Because it is imperative that Israel exists and that Jerusalem is the undivided capital for the plan of GOD to restore His Kingdom on the Earth, and for true peace to be established.
Any national leader, media person, individual or even any pastor who does not agree that Jerusalem is not Israel’s eternal capital, or is not happy about that fact, is in direct rebellion against the Almighty One, placing themselves in a position to be judged and punished in the most serious manner. The real reason why I have written this article is that I have a serious concern for the future well-being of your nation. So far only the leaders of Czech Republic and the Philipines have announced that their nations will follow the lead of President Trump. All of the others, including your nation have rejected President Trump’s encouragement to follow and move their embassy back to Jerusalem and are rebuking Donald Trump for doing what is absolutely the right thin to do. This article is a call to pray for your spiritual leaders who are placing your nation in great PERIL.
Here are some prayer guidelines for your urgent consideration and implementation (prayer points from Avner Boskey).
–Pray for the frustration of ungodly strategies and for God’s revelation to enlighten the eyes of these leaders with His heart for Jerusalem and the Jewish people.
– Pray for God’s wisdom and leading, His protection and discernment for President Trump and his advisors and counsellors.
– Pray for intercessors worldwide (and especially in the U.S.) to receive the divine burden for this moment.
– Pray for Messiah’s body to receive strategies and empowerment in standing with the Jewish people as anti-Semitism and anti-Israel movements increase.
– Pray for the frustrating of all hands raised to do violence and mayhem against Israel, the Jewish people and American interests.
Pray that your government leaders are told about Zechariah 12:4 And in that day I will make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all peoples. All who lift it shall be cut to pieces.
This article originally appeared on Out of Zion Ministries, December 15, 2017, and reposted with permission.